Sunroom at your home
A solarium is a glass room that is used for sunbathing or therapeutic experiences. It has many windows and glass walls exposed to the sunlight. Installing a solarium in your house is a smart way of adding extra comfortable space. You can also use it as a greenhouse and store plants for years. If you are planning to install a solarium in Victoria, BC, count on Allied Glass. We are your trusted residential and commercial glass service providers in Victoria.
For over 50 years, we have been providing our clients with high-quality glass products and services. You can rely on us for the installation and repairs of skylights, showers, glass railings, and more.
Why Should You Install a New Sunroom at Your Home?
Create a new living space that you can use as an extra living room, dining room or entertainment area. Here are some added bonuses to constructing a sunroom at your home:
- Enjoy the beauty of the snow while staying dry and comfortable, warmed by the winter sun. Or enjoy all the perks of summertime, while being protected from pesky flies and insects.
Increased Style and Value
- Not only will your new sunroom be a great place to entertain your guests, bringing style and class to your home, it will also increase the overall value of your home. Sunrooms look gorgeous, not to mention they add square footage to your living space, making your home a fast seller should you ever put it on the market.
- Sunlight is an important factor in the production of serotonin, which helps to regulate and improve your moods. With a new sunroom to enjoy, you’ll get plenty of sunlight to help keep your serotonin levels up and make you feel better than ever.
- Vitamin D is a vital part of your overall health, helping you to use calcium and other nutrients that make your body stronger. Spending time in your new sunroom will help you get an adequate amount of sun and vitamin D.
Style Your New Sunroom
Allied Glass & Aluminum provides free advice and estimates for customers interested in having a new solarium installed. Our staff will help you choose a package that fits your needs and budget. As your source for glass in Victoria, BC, our experts know how to create a beautiful flowing feel from house to solarium that compliments your house style and design. When thinking about designing your new sunroom, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Most sunrooms act as a second living room, so you’ll want the space to be cozy and comfortable.
- Consider using the room for multiple occasions, like family time or dinner parties. Make the furniture adaptable to this by having both a comfy seating area and a dining table.
- It is very common for sunrooms to be built without climate control systems, like heating or air, so consider installing a ceiling fan for the warmer summer days or a fireplace for the chilly winter nights.
Shades or Curtains
- With floor to ceiling windows and doors, it’s possible your sunroom can become a bit overheated during the height of summer. Consider installing curtains or shades that will still allow the sun to come through, but cut down on the added heat.
Service and Repairs
West Coast sunshine is the reason we love solariums; unfortunately we also get a lot of rain. This means the rooms can be exposed to harsher weather that can cause tree branches to accumulate and can also cause leaks. Our repair technicians are not only trained to do minor repairs such as replacing foggy, broken or curved units in glass or plexiglass, but are also trained to do a complete overhaul of an older solarium if it’s needed.
We stock everything needed to replace or repair your solarium, from aluminum frames to caps and beads. We stock all of the hard to find parts. It’s time to enjoy your sunroom again and we can help! Give us a call today for all your glass products and solariums in Victoria, BC.